Ice Cream Social
Thank you to all the families that joined us for the Ice Cream Social! It was very well attended and everyone enjoyed some delicious ice cream and time to reunite with friends. A HUGE thank you to the PTA for working so hard to put on this exciting event for our families. Thank you to all the teachers who came to help scoop and visit with students and families.I tried to stop at every table to say hello to parents and students. If I didn't say HI, please reach out to me the next time you see me at school or at our next event. I look forward to meeting every family member at Washington Oak. Here are some pictures of the event!
Back to School Updates!
Just a couple updates before school starts on Monday.
1. If your child is going to be a walker/pick up at the end of the school day, please provide a note for at least the first week of school. There will be a permanent walker notice going home on the first day of school. This will be kept on file at the school and with your child's classroom teacher.
2. Please return all of the forms that go home on the first day of school as soon as possible. (especially the small emergency card)
3. Please direct all Food Service questions and concerns to: Glen Motta, Food Service Manager- 401.821.1242- Motta-Glen@aramark.com
4. First grade and K students - please don't forget to wear your badge/sticker during the first couple weeks of school. This helps when students are getting off the bus in the morning! *Don't forget to put bus/walker information on the tag.
5. Busses might be running a little late on the first week of school as they adjust to the schedule. Don't be alarmed if they are not picking up or dropping off at the exact time in the bus route schedule.
6. If you are picking up your child at the end of the school day, you will need your ID with you each day!
Please let me know if you have any additional questions! Looking forward to a great year!
Principal at Washington Oak Elementary School